Let's start with the trip. A few weeks ago I went for a day hike near the coastal range mountains, here in Northern California. The weather was great and sights were beautiful.
Here is a shot of Zim Zim Creek.
- 1 1/2 lbs of tofu, drained, and cubed (see my tofu draining notes below)
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 8-12 dried red chilies
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2-3 zucchinis, diced
- 1 stalk scallion (chopped)
- 1 recipe marinade (see below)
- 1 recipe sauce(see below)
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Marinate tofu with the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet wok with one tablespoon olive oil and stir-fry the marinated tofu until browned. Dish out and set aside.
- Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until hot.
- Add the ginger and garlic slices and quickly stir fry. Add the dried red chilies and stir fry with ginger and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add in the snow peas, and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add in the tofu and stir.
- Add the roasted cashews and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and stir continuously until all ingredients are coated with the sauce.
- Add in the scallions and stir evenly.
Also, for all the tofu haters: the bf had the chicken version of this dish and also enjoyed it.